admin 管理员组

文章数量: 1086019


2024年6月28日发(作者:django向数据库写入数组数据)

previously on

previously:先前 desperate: 绝望的 housewife: 家庭主妇

-Judge Grimshaw: I'm granting you temporary custody until we can get a straight answer from

the

birth father.

grant:授予 temporary:暂时的 custody:监护权 a straight answer:坦率的回答

在从婴儿生父那里得到确切回复之前,赋予你们对婴儿的暂时监护权。

-Mary Alice Voiceover: Gabrielle got exactly what she wanted.

exactly:正是,确切地

Gabrielle得到了她想要的东西。

-Susan: If Edie doesn't know,then that means that you just cheated on her with me.

cheat on:欺骗

Edie不知道这事,不代表你没有背着她和我偷情。

-Mary Alice Voiceover: Susan got

fool:愚弄

Susan又一次被骗了。

-Peter: I'm also a member of S.A.

member:成员

我也是SA的成员。

-Mary Alice Voiceover: And Bree got

而Bree发现了太多的

-Peter: Sex addicts anonymous.

sex:性 addict:耽溺者 anonymous:匿名的

性爱互助者协会

-Mary Alice Voiceover: ...information. Karl Mayer didn't pray often,

information:信息 pray:祈祷

太多的信息。Karl Mayer并不经常祈祷,

but when he did, it was usually to ask for God's help in breaking up with a woman and to spare him the

nasty drama that usually accompanied such callous and unexpected departures.

break up with: 与…分手 spare: 赦免 nasty: 污秽的,下流的 drama: 戏剧,刺激的事情 accompany: 伴

随 callous: 无情的 unexpected: 未预料到的 departure: 离开

而当他祈祷的时候,通常是为求上帝赐予力量与人分手,还有要上帝原谅他造成的,出人意料的令人难过

的分手。

Over the years, Karl had dumped dozens of women. And not one of them had ever seen it coming.

dump:倾倒 【这里指甩掉别人】[I can’t believe you are dumped.] dozens of:几十个

多年来,Karl甩掉了几十个女友。而其中没有一人能够料到分手的来临。

Every retreat was always meticulously planned,right down to the personalized stationary.

retreat:撤退 meticulously:胆小地 personalized:标出名字 【个性化】[The success of mobile systems

across the world is a sign that communication is moving towards a more personalized, convenient

system.] stationary:固定物【固定的方式】

每一次“撤退”都悄无声息。

Hence, his record of from women who did not want to see him go.

hence:所以 getaway:离开,逃跑

成功地甩掉那些不想离开他的女人。

So when he decided to break up with Edie Britt,Karl prayed to God yet again to help him avoid all the

unnecessary drama.

decide:决定 break up with:与…分手pray:祈祷 avoid:避免 unnecessary:不必要的

所以当他决定和Edie Brit分手的时候,Karl有一次向上帝祈祷,帮他避免一切不必要的悲剧。

Unfortunately God was in be entertained.

Unfortunately:不幸地 mood:心情 entertain:娱乐

但不幸的是,上帝正想着...找点乐子。

-Karl: Come on!

come on:别,不要

不要!

-Edie: What the hell is this?

the hell:究竟 hell:地狱

这到底是怎么回事?

-Karl: Edie, baby, calm down.

calm down:冷静下来

Edie,亲爱的,冷静一点。

-Edie: Let's be honest with ourselves, “ haven't been happy in a long time?

honest:诚实的

我们还是面对现实吧,“Edie,我们在一起你一直不开心?”

Who are you to tell me I haven't been happy,you miserable son of a bitch?I have been ecstatic!

miserable:悲惨的 bitch:婊子,泼妇 ecstatic:狂喜的

你是谁啊?要你来跟我说我不开心。你这可悲的混蛋!我一直很开心!

-Karl: Okay. I-I'm the one who hasn't been happy, then.

好的。是我不开心。

-Edie: Then why did you propose to me?

propose:向… 求婚

那你为什么向我求婚?

-Karl: I don't know.

我也不知道。

-Edie: I have told every woman in this town that we are getting married,and all you have to say to

me is, "I don't know"?

我已经跟镇上每个姐妹说了,说了我们要结婚了,而你现在却对我说,对我说“我不知道”?

-Karl: Oh, what else do you want me to say?I'm sorry.

你还要我说什么?对不起。

-Edie: What's going on?Iis there someone else?Oh, my god.

发生了什么?是不是你有了别人?噢,我的上帝啊!

-Karl: Oh, crap. Come on, come on, come on!

crap:废话

噢,糟糕!快点,快点!

-Mary Alice Voiceover: As he sat there,Karl couldn't help but wonder why God had forsaken him.

wonder:猜想 forsake: 遗弃

坐在车里,Karl不禁想问,为什么上帝要抛弃他。

-Mary Alice Voiceover: It never occurred to him ight be a woman.

occur:发生

他从来没想到过,上帝...可能是女人。

-Peter:God,grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,the courage to change the

things I can and the wisdom to know

grant:授予 serenity:安详 accept:接受 courage:勇气 wisdom:智慧

上帝啊,请赐予我安详,让我们接受不能改变的东西,让我们拥有改变能够改变的东西的勇气,赐予我辨

别事实的睿智...

-Mary Alice Voiceover: The members of the Fairview Chapter of A.A. ended every meeting with a

prayer.

member:成员 prayer:祈祷

Fairview的嗜酒者互助协会的成员,在每次聚会的最后都要祈祷。

And while most were asking god for help in resisting temptation,was busy thinking thoughts that were

downright sinful.

resist:抵制 temptation:诱惑 downright:显明的 sinful:罪孽的

他们大部分都会祈求上帝帮自己抵御诱惑,而Bree却想着一些罪孽的事情。

-Peter: And with him the next, coming back and it works if you work it. Amen.

来世依然和神在一起。阿门。请帮助我们吧!只要有你帮助,一定能够成功。阿门。

-Bree: I think you'd love the music and the voices--it's just passionate.

opera:歌剧 passionate:热情的

我想你喜欢那出歌剧,音乐和唱腔都那么有激情。

-Peter: Yeah, a 300-pound soprano seducing balding 'd be hot.

soprano:女高音 seduce:引诱 balding:秃顶的 tenor:男高音

在引诱一群秃顶的男高音。那棒极了。

-Bree: You making fun of me? Huh?

make fun of 取笑某人

- 你在取笑我?嗯?

-Peter: Bree.

Bree。

-Bree: Yes?

怎么?

-Peter: Maybe a little bit.

可能有一点。

-Claude: What's going on here?

你们在干嘛?

-Peter: Claude?

Claude?

-Claude: We made plans, remember?

我们说好的,记得吗?

-Peter: I'm sorry.I was just about—

对不起,我只是要-

-Claude: Yeah, I saw what you were just about to do.

嗯,我看见你要做什么了。

-Bree: I'm sorry, Peter,but, uh, who is this?

对不起,Peter。嗯,这是谁?

-Peter: This is 's my sponsor.

sponsor:保证人 【这里指戒掉瘾的互助伙伴】[It’s hard for me without a sponsor.]

这是Claude,我的互助伙伴。

-Bree: Oh, your A.A. sponsor?

你在嗜酒者互助会的伙伴?

-Claude: No.I'm his other sponsor.

不,别的协会的伙伴。

-Peter: For my sex addiction.

sex:性 addiction:耽溺

诫性瘾的协会。

-Bree: Oh.

奥。

-Claude: Damn it, did I tell you?

damn it: <俚>该死 damn:诅咒

妈的,Peter,我跟你说过什么?

-Peter: Avoid lust triggers.

avoid:避免 lust:欲望 trigger:触发器,触发

避免诱惑的诱因。

-Claude: And what is she?

那她是什么?

-Peter: Come on,don't do this, man.

come on:别,不要

拜托,别这样,伙计。

-Claude: She's a lust trigger.A lust trigger!

她是诱惑的诱因。诱惑诱因!

-Bree: Um, excuse me.I don't know what that means,but could you please stop saying it?

嗯,对不起。我不知道那词是什么意思,但是麻烦你别在说那词了,好吗?

-Claude: Where's your chip?Give it to me.

chip:薄片

你的筹码呢?给我。

Do you remember how low you'd sunk when we met?

sunk:沉沦

你还记得我们认识时你有多糟糕吗?

This represents 12 months of hard work,not giving in to your urges.

这代表12个月的艰苦努力,别向欲望屈服。

Now if you wanna blow all that on this woman,just tell me now so I can stop wasting my time working

with you.

wanna=want to:想要

如果你要为这女人放弃这一切那现在就告诉我,免得我浪费时间,在你身上。

-Peter: I don't want to blow it.

blow it:搞砸

我不想放弃。

-Claude: tell the pretty lady good-bye and that you can't socialize with her anymore.

pretty:漂亮的 socialize:交往,社会化 anymore:再

很好。那就和这美丽的女士说再见吧。你以后再也不能和她交往。

And do it quick.I'm hungry.

快点行事。我饿了。

-Jerry: Bad wants us to push through tonight and finish the Edelstein Realty pitch.

pitch:方案

坏消息。Ed要我们熬夜赶工,把Edelstein地产的项目做完。

-Lynette: But we're not presenting for another two don't we start Tomorrow?

present:呈现,展示

但是要过两周才做展示。明天再做不行吗?

-Jerry:But how would that help Ed avoid his marital problems?

avoid:避免 marital:婚姻的

这怎么能帮Ed解决他的婚姻问题呢?

-Lynette: What?

什么?

-Tom: Oh, he's right. I hear Ed fighting with Fran on the phone every day through the office walls.

噢,他说得对。我听见Ed和Fran在电话里吵架。每天都听到。

-Lynette: That would explain all our working hours.

explain:解释

这就是我们老是加班的原因。

-Jerry: Yeah, but you lucked out, Scavo.

lucked out:倒霉,遭殃

嗯,但你没事,Scavo。

Darlene talked him into cutting the people who have kids in day care loose.

kid:孩子 day care:日托 loose:释放,解放

Darlene跟他说,那些白天照看小孩的人可以回家。

-Lynette: Hey, 's go before he changes his mind.

嘿,很好。我们快走,免得他改变主意。

-Jerry: But that don’t include you,Miss Senior wants you in the conference room now.

conference 会议

但你例外,副总裁女士。Ed要你现在就去会议室。

-Lynette: You're kidding!

kidding:开玩笑

- 开玩笑吧!

-Jerry: You're his security blanket,Lynette. He stays, you stay.

security blanket:保险毯 security:安全 blanket:地毯

你是他的保险毯,Lynette。他不走,你也不能走。

-Tom:Jerry, can you help me get the kids down to the car?Oh.

Jerry,麻烦你帮我把孩子们送上车。

-Jerry:Yeah.

好的。

-Lynette: Thanks, Jer.

谢谢,Jer。

-Jerry: Sure.

不谢。

-Ed: Lynette?

Lynette?

-Lynette:Yeah?

什么事?

-Ed: Get those mock-ups together,will you?Jerry,I didn't know you had a kid.

make-up:实验用的大模型 【方案的准备材料】[...Air stripping experiment of denitrogenation from make-

up water using cooling tower in power plants Cao Guoping,...]

把那些版面整理好,好吗?Jerry,我怎么不知道你有小孩?

-Jerry: Y-yeah, um, out of wedlock.

out of wedlock:婚外

是的,嗯,非婚生的。

-Ed: Oh.

奥。

-Jerry: So... see you in the morning.

那么,明天见。

-Susan: I'm sorry I'm 's going on?

对不起我迟到了。怎么了?

-Lynette: Karl broke up with Edie.

break up with:与…分手

Karl和Edie分手了。

-Susan: Oh, my god.

噢,天啊!

-Bree: Yeah, apparently,he was seeing someone.

apparently:明显地

是的,很明显,他有了别人。

-Susan: Really?Did he say who it was?

是吗?他说是谁了吗?

-Edie: I know who she 's a man-eating,scum-sucking ho-bag.

scum-sucking:吃垃圾的 ho-bag: 奸妇【a dirty, untidy, woman adulteress.-- Urban Dictionary】

我知道是谁。她是个吃人的喜欢口交的婊子。

-Bree: No, he did not say.

不,他没说。

-Edie:You know,when Karl dumped you,I thought that it was all your fault.

dump:倒掉 【甩掉】 fault:错

Karl甩掉你的时候,我以为全是你的错。

Yeah,I u were a nag or bad in bed.

figure:预测 nag:驽马,小马 【比喻人能力不行,这里专指房事能力】

是的,我以前只知道知道...你床上功夫不行。

But now I see that you were just a victim, have a bond, Susan.

victim:受害者 have a bond: 【有一条纽带始终把我们相连】[Li Bai and Du Fu, and other great literary

giant and Shandong have a bond.] bond:结合

但我现在知道你也是个牺牲品,咱俩同病相怜,Susan。

It's like we're sisters. There's even a pretty one and an ugly one.

pretty:漂亮的 ugly:丑陋的

我们就像姐妹一样。一个漂亮一个难看。

-Bree: Edie!

Edie!

-Edie: No,I'm just saying that Karl screwed us both.

screw:压榨 【摧毁】

我只是说Karl把我们俩都毁了。

-Susan: Yes, like you wouldn't believe.

是的,难以置信。

-Lynette: Guys,I'm all for bashing exes,but let's save a little of our hate for his partner in crime--

the other woman.

bash:怒殴 ex:前男友 crime:犯罪

伙伴们,我支持诋毁前人男友,但我们还是还是留点给他的同伙。

-Gabrielle: Mm-hmm.

- 那个女人。

-Bree: Yeah! you know, they're always coming up with these excuses to justify being a home-

wrecker.

excuse:借口 justify:判断 wrecker:船只破坏分子 【这里专指破坏人家庭的人】

对!是的!他们总是有借口来为他们毁掉他人家庭辩解。

-Gabrielle: Exactly! Like,"He wouldn't have been with me if he was gettin' it at home.“

exactly:精确地

就是!就像“他不会和我在一起如果他在家能得到满足的话”

-Lynette: Yeah, "honey,you're the love of my 's just the runner-up."

honey:亲爱的 runner-up:亚军

就是,“亲爱的,你才是我一生所爱,她只是后备轮胎”

-Susan: Oh, look, the baby's doing something really cute.

cute:伶俐的

噢,看,孩子在吸什么东西。

-Gabrielle: She's sleeping.

她在睡觉。

-Susan: Like an angel.

angel:天使

像天使一样。

-Gabrielle: Look, I think we all know that Karl is a .

我们都知道Karl是个混蛋。

I mean, but let's face it--if these tramps weren't laying out the buffet,he wouldn't be chowing down.

tramp:流浪者 buffet:打击 chow down:大快朵颐 【这里指快活】[In Yuanlang, a rural town in Hong Kong,

villagers gather together to chow down on a huge feast.]

我是说,不光是Karl的问题,一个巴掌拍不响。

-Susan: Well, every situation is different,and it's hard to judge until we know all the details.

situation:情况 judge:判断 detail:细节

嗯,每个情况都不同,在我们知道细节之前,很难作出判断。

Which obviously I don’t know, because how would I know.

obviously:明显地

而这...很明显我也不知道,我怎么会知道呢?

She’s a slutty, slutty whore, absolutely!

slutty: 性感的 whore:青楼女子 absolutely:完全地

她是个放荡的婊子,肯定是。

-Edie: Yeah!

是的。

-Carlos: Are you sure she needs that? I just put sunscreen on her.

sunscreen:防晒

还需要穿这个吗?我刚刚给她擦了防晒霜了。

-Gabrielle: Yes, she needs the bonnet. It completes she outfit!

bonnet:软帽 complete:完成 outfit:配套

恩,要带这帽子。是一套的。

-Carlos: Oh, for God’s sake, Gaby.

for god’s sake:看在上帝的份上

Gaby,看在上帝的份上。

-Gabrielle: She’s never too young to start accessorizing.

accessorize:打扮

虽然她还小,但开始打扮也不为早。

Besides, all the neighbors are out today and I want them to see how happy we are.

而且,今天所有的邻居们都在,我要他们看看我们多么快乐。

Wish they were us!

让他们羡慕我们。

-Dale: Hey! Uh, baby’s a beauty.

嘿!嗯,小孩很漂亮。

-Carlos: We think so, but we’re a little bit biased.

biased:有偏见的

是的,但是我们有点偏见。

-Dale: Oh wow! She’s got my eyes.

噢,她的眼睛跟我的一模一样。

-Gabrielle: Huh?

嗯?

-Dale: Oh, I’m Dale. Dale Helm. I’m the baby’s birth father.

噢,我是Dale。Dale Helm,我是孩子的生父。

-Gabrielle: Ah, well, hi, Dale, nice to meet you. A lot of people have been looking for you.

嗯,你好,Dale。很高兴见到你。很多人在找你。

-Dale: Yeah, I know. Lawyers and stuff! I got kinda held up in Florida longer than I thought.

lawyer:律师 stuff:工作人员

是的,我知道。律师还有法庭的人!我在佛罗里达有点事,耽误了一段时间。

-Carlos: Spring break, right?

春季假期,对吧?

-Dale: Yeah. Oh man, we were wasted twenty-four seven!

是的,伙计,我们整天都无事可做。

Then I got the message and I just thought my friends were messing with me. Those butt wads!

mess:使…紊乱 butt:屁股

然后就收到短信,以为是我的朋友在捉弄我!那些酒鬼!

-Gabrielle: Well, it’s a good thing he’s here.

嗯,他在这里是好事。

We can take him to the lawyer’s office and you can sign over full custody to us. Okay.

custody:监护权

我们可以带他去律师的办公室,你可以把监护权完全转移给我们。好的。

-Dale: Yeah, uh, the thing about that is, I’m gonna want the baby.

gonna=going to:将要

嗯,关于这事情,我要这个孩子。

-Dale: Come on, you guys, we don’t have to make this ugly.

come on:别,不要 guy:家伙 ugly:难看的,丑陋的

拜托,两位。我们没必要把这事情弄得很难看。

-Gabrielle: You’re trying to take our baby, how is it not going to be ugly?

你想带走我们的孩子,怎么会不难看?

-Carlos: Keep walking, Gaby, don’t engage him.

engage:忙于

继续走,别理他。

-Dale: Listen, Mr. Solis.

听着,Solis先生...

-Gabrielle: No! You listen! We were granted custody. If you want her, you talk to the judge!

grant:授予

不,你听着!我们是监护人。想得到她,跟法官讲吧。

-Frank: What is the hold up?

怎么这么慢?

-Dale: They told me I gotta talk to a judge.

gotta=got to:不得不

他们让我找法官。

-Gabrielle: What the hell are you doing here, Frank?

the hell:究竟 hell:地狱

你在这干什么,Frank?

-Frank: It’s his baby. Give it to him!

是他的孩子,给他。

-Gabrielle: Like hell!

- 见鬼去!

-Julie: Hey, Mrs. Solis, can I see the baby?

我能看看孩子么?

-Carlos and Gabrielle: No!

不行!

-Frank: Dale! Just do it already!

Dale,直接动手!

-Dale: I’m not just going to kidnap it!

kidnap:绑架

我不能绑架。

-Frank: Why not! They did! It is your baby. Just take it!

干吗不?他们就是绑架!这是你的孩子,动手吧!

-Carlos: Try it!

试试看!

-Dale: Frank?

Frank?

-Frank: Get in you moron!

moron:笨人

上车,笨蛋。

-Dale: Anyways, it looks like you’re doing a good job with her.

anyway:不管怎样

不过你们好象对她不错。

-Frank: Dumbass!

dumbass: 笨蛋

笨驴!

-Dale: She seems clean.

她好干净。

-Betty: Like I said, we have been very happy here. I’m sure you will be too.

正如我说的,我们住得很高兴。你们也会的。

-Man: Oh, we just love it.

我们很喜欢。

-Woman: Yeah.

是的。

-Betty: Once the stairs are repaired, I’ll show you the basement.

basement:地下室

楼梯修好后,我带你们看地下室。

-Matthew: What’s going on?

怎么回事?

-Betty: The house just sold. Start packing.

pack:捆扎 【收拾东西】

房子刚卖了。开始搬家。

-Danielle: Why don’t you just put Caleb in an institution? It’s where he belongs anyway.

institution:机构 【这里指收容所】

为什么不把Caleb交给收容所?他早晚要去?

-Matthew: My mom would never let strangers take care of him.

- 我妈不让陌生人照顾他。

-Danielle: Then why don’t you call the police. Then it’s not up to her.

为什么不报警?那样就不由她了。

-Matthew: If I call the police, my mom and I go to jail with Caleb. We’ve been hiding a murderer.

jail:监狱 hide:藏匿 murderer:谋杀犯

如果我报警,我,妈,Caleb都要进监狱。我们窝藏杀人犯。

Now look, if we do move, I promise I will call you every day.

promise:保证

你瞧,如果我们...如果我们搬走了,我保证每天给你打电话。

-Danielle: I don’t need a phone buddy. I need a boyfriend!

buddy:伙伴,好朋友

我不要聊友。我要一个男朋友。

-Matthew: Would you calm down please?

calm down:冷静下来

冷静下来好么?

-Danielle: Don’t tell me what to do! You know I could go to the police myself.

不要指手画脚!我可以自己去报警。

-Matthew: Danielle!

-Danielle: I just, I love you so much, I would do anything to keep you here.

我只是...太爱你了,我会尽全力留住你。

-Matthew: Yeah, I see that now.

是,我看到了。

-Danielle: You can’t leave me alone here. You have to think of something.

你不能把我留在这。想想办法。

-Matthew: Don’t worry, I will

别担心,我会的。

-T-MAN-SCAVO: WHEN R U COMING HOME?

何时回家?

-LYNETTE65: AT THIS RATE? NEVER.

这种效率?别想。

-T-MAN SCAVO: HE'S KEEPING YOU LATE AND I'M HORNY!

horny:欲火中烧的,淫荡的

你要加班,而我很饥渴!

-LYNETTE65: WHAT DO U WANT ME 2 DO ABOUT THAT?

你要我怎样?

-T-MAN SCAVO: DUNNO. WHAT DO U WANT 2 DO?

不知道,你想怎样?

-ED FERRARA: YOU WANT?

你要冲咖啡

-LYNETTE65: I WANT TO LICK U FROM HEAD TO FOOT.

我想舔遍你全身。

-Lynette: Oh my god! Ed. Hey. I’m so sorry, but obviously that was just meant for Tom’s eyes only.

obviously:明显地

哦,天哪!对不起。那显然只是说给Tom的。

-Ed: Honest mistake. Don’t even worry about it.

honest:诚实的

无心之过。

-Lynette: Okay, thanks. Well, I’m gonna go back in my office and continue to feel like a huge pervert.

gonna=going to:将要 huge:巨大的 pervert:色狼

OK,谢谢,我回办公室去了,继续感觉像个性变态。

-Ed: At least you and Tom have a love life.

至少你和Tom有感情生活。

-Lynette: Well, we do the best we can. Given the circumstances.

circumstance:情景

我们都尽力。环境允许的话。

-Ed: Better than Fran and I. We’re dead in that department.

department:公寓

比我和Fran好。我们像死在公寓里。

Ah, no, I don’t wanna bore you with details.

wanna=want to:想要 detail:细节

我不想拿细节再烦你。

-Lynette: I appreciate that. You know, Ed.

appreciate:感激

心领了。你知道么,Ed...

I don’t want to pry into your personal business, but if you are having problems in that area, you don’t

have to be resigned to it.

pry into:窥探 personal:个人的 resign:使顺从

我不想多管闲事,但...如果你在这方面有问题,你不必听天由命。

-Ed: What are you suggesting, hookers? No, Ed Ferrara doesn’t pay for sex.

hooker:妓女

你建议什么,招妓?不,本人不为性花钱.

-Lynette: I mean, you and Fran could spice it up a bit. You know, get the old juice flowing again.

spice up:使更加快乐 spice:香料

我是说,你和Fran可以调调情,重温旧梦。

-Ed: Oh, I see. Kinda like' I’d like to lick you from head to foot.'

lick:舔

知道了。比如...我想舔遍你全身。

-Lynette: Okay, well that wasn't my best work, but you can’t deny results. IMing works.

deny:拒绝

那不是最拿手的。但效果不可小视,“我要...”非常管用。

When I go home tonight Tom and I are kay, well, um, I’m going to be exhausted so I’ll

probably just lay there.

exhausted:疲倦的

今晚回去后,Tom和我会...好吧,我累坏了,大概只是躺着。

But, trust me, Tom is gonna go to town.

gonna=going to:将要

但相信我,Tom会奉陪到底go to town。

-Ed: That’s something to think about, lord knows. You know the sad truth in this?

可以考虑,谁知道呢。不幸的是...

I have been thinking about hookers.

hooker:妓女

我已经在考虑招妓了。

-Lynette: Okay. Uh, well I hope that helped.

OK。我希望那有用。

And I’m just gonna go back and finish so we can all get out of here.

我要回去完成工作,然后大家各奔东西。

-Claude: Let me guess. You’re not here for a bear claw.

bear claw:熊爪杏仁饼 claw:爪

让我猜猜。你不是来买熊仔饼。

-Bree: No, I’m not.

不是。

-Claude: You’re wasting your time.

你在浪费时间。

-Bree: Look, you don’t have to worry Peter, not while he’s with me.

你不必为Peter担心,起码和我在一起时。

-Claude: Yeah? Why is that?

是么?为什么?

-Bree: Because, when it comes to sex I have an unwavering moral compass.

sex:性 unwavering:不动摇的 moral:道德的 compass:指南针 【指知道方向,不会迷失】

因为当发展到性时,我有坚定的道德界限。

Truly! Men could beg and plead all day long and it wouldn’t make any difference.

beg:祈求 plead:恳求

真的,一个男人整日哀求我也不为所动。

So since I have such strong self control, there’s really no reason for us to end our friendship.

control:控制 friendship:友谊

我有如此强的自控力,没有理由结束我们的友谊。

-Claude: The guy's a ticking bomb! You have no idea the kind of depravity that comes with this

disease.

guy:家伙 ticking bomb:定时炸弹 ticking:滴答声 depravity:堕落

这家伙是定时炸弹。你不了解这种病带来的堕落。

Waking up in a stranger’s bed every morning, cruising the park at night looking for somebody to get off

with, compulsive masturbation every chance you get!

cruise:游弋,游荡 masturbation:手淫

每天在陌生人的床上醒来...整晚在公园游荡,找人亲热,在任何可能的机会手淫。

For guys like Peter and me, there’s no beauty in sex. It’s an empty and ugly compulsion.

guy:家伙 ugly:丑陋的 compulsion:强迫

像Peter和我这样的人,性没有美好的一面。只是空洞丑陋的冲动。

-Bree: Well, I am sorry, but the Peter I know has a little

对不起,我知道的Peter还...

-Claude: Hold on.

等等。

-Druggie: Claude, I need, I need some help.

Claude,我需要帮助。

-Claude: What are you doing here? Are you using?

你来这干嘛?又磕药了?

-Druggie: No. But I bought a bag.

没,但我买了一袋。

-Claude: You’re an embarrassment to me. Give it!

embarrassment:尴尬,困窘

你让我丢脸,拿来。

There’s a meeting over on 10th Street. You go there! You call me after.

第10大街有个集会,你到那去!之后打电话。

-Druggie: I’m sorry.

对不起。

-Claude: Get the hell out of my shop. I’m also a sponsor at Cocaine Anonymous.

the hell:究竟 sponsor:保证人 【这里指戒瘾的互助伙伴】[I need a sponsor to get rid of it.]

滚出去。我还是可卡因互助协会一员。

-Bree: Well, aren’t you the renaissance man!

renaissance man:多才多艺的人

你真是多才多艺。

-Claude: Are we done here, Princess?

princess:公主

说完了么,公主?

-Bree: Not yet. You obviously have an encyclopedic grasp of everything depraved, but clearly you don’t

have the slightest idea about a loving relationship.

obviously:明显地 encyclopedic:广博的 depraved:堕落的 slight:微小的

还没,你显然对一切堕落的东西都融会贯通,但你没有一丁点,关于爱情力量的概念。

-Claude: This is all you are to Peter. Something to satisfy his addiction!

satisfy:满足 addiction: 耽溺

你对Peter来说就是这个。让他过瘾。

-Bree: Well, I think Peter is a better man than you do and I am not going to let you keep us apart.

我认为Peter比你想象的好,我不会让你把我们分开。

-Claude: Try and stop me. Peter does everything I tell him to do.

试试看。Peter完全听我的。

It’s the one thing you can depend on with addicts. They’re weak.

depend:依靠

成瘾者有一点可以利用。他们软弱。

-Bree: Excuse me. May I ask you something?

对不起。对不起。可以问些事情么?

-Officer #1: Yes, ma’am.

请讲。

-Bree: If a citizen, an ordinary citizen like myself, knew of someone holding a significant amount of drugs,

what would my responsibilities be, you know, under the law?

citizen:市民 significant:重大的 drug:毒品 responsibility:责任

如果一个市民,像我一样的普通市民,知道某人藏有大量毒品,我的义务是什么,在法律规定下?

-Edie: What’s all this?

这是干什么?

-Susan: And this one I ran out and got the day I found out Karl was doing it with his secretary.

secretary:秘书

我跑去买了这个,当我发现Karl和秘书搞在一起。

I think you’ll find this particularly helpful. It’s got a chapter called, 'Revenge: You’re only Hurting

Yourself.'

particularly:尤其是 revenge:报复

你会发现这很有帮助,有一章叫做“复仇只会伤害自己”。

-Edie: Yeah, you know, I just really not into the whole reading thing.

我现在不想读书。

-Susan: Oh. Well, um, why don’t we get you out of here. Let’s go see a feel-good movie.

feel-good:让人感觉良好的

为什么不出去,去看电影散心。

-Edie: Why are you being so nice to me?

你为什么对我这么好?

-Susan: Well, I just wanna help. So, how about that movie?

wanna=want to:想要

我只想帮忙。看电影怎样?

-Edie: You know how I like to heal? I get hammered.

heal:治愈 hammer:锤击

你知道我想怎样恢复?大醉一场。

-Susan: Ah, well, um, then I should just go and let you get started with that.

那好...我离开然后你开始。

-Edie: You really want to help me? Good! 'Cause I’m gonna need a designated driver.

‘cause=because:因为 gonna=going to:将要 designated:指定的,特定的

你真想帮我?很好。因为我需要专门的司机。

-Susan: Oh, ah, okay.

OK。

-Peter: How could he be arrested for cocaine possession? Claude swore he was clean.

arrest:拘捕 cocaine:可卡因(一种毒品) possession:所有物 swear:发誓

他怎会因持有毒品被捕?Claude发誓戒掉了。

-Bree: It’s just awful, isn’t it? I mean, you never know what people are doing behind your back.

awful:糟糕的

太糟糕了不是么?我是说,你永远不知道,人们背地里在做什么。

Would you like some milk with your cookies?

cookies:曲奇饼

要牛奶配甜点么?

-Peter: Thanks. It’s just, he was the best sponsor I’ve ever had and I don’t know what I’m going to do now.

sponsor:互助伙伴

谢谢只是,你知道...他是最好的互助伙伴。我不知道现在该怎么办。

-Bree: Well, I have been doing some thinking and here’s a thought. Why don’t I be your sponsor?

我想了一下...是这样...我作你的互助伙伴。

-Peter: You gotta be kidding. You don’t know squat about sex addiction.

kidding:开玩笑 squat:蹲 【厚实,指知道的很多】 sex:性 addiction:耽溺

别开玩笑。你对性成瘾丝毫不懂。

-Bree: Well, cravings are cravings and all you really need is a friend to call when you start having

inappropriate thoughts and I can be that friend.

craving:渴望 inappropriate:不适当的

渴望归渴望你需要的只是一个朋友,当有不当想法时,可以求助,我可以做这个朋友。

-Peter: Well, there’s more to it than that. Claude rescued me from some pretty nasty scenes over the

years.

rescue:解救 pretty:相当的 scene:场景

还有很多。Claude多次把我从十分难堪的场面中救出来。

-Bree: Well, if you are in trouble, I could handle it.

handle:对付

如果你有麻烦,我可以搞定。

-Peter: How can you be so sure?

你怎能如此肯定。

-Bree: Because I can be very strong for those people that I really care about.

因为我会非常坚强,为了真正关心的人。

-Peter: How can you have any feelings for me at all? I mean you’ve only known me for a few weeks.

你怎会对我有感觉?我是说,我们只认识了几星期。

-Bree: Yes, and in that time, I’ve come to learn that you are good and kind and smart.

smart:聪明的

是啊,在这段时间里,我发现你人品好,聪明。

And yes, you have a little problem that you need some help with, but I’m willing to be there for you. 是有

一点小问题,需要帮助,但我愿意挺身而出。

So, what’s the big deal?

big deal:大不了

没什么大不了的。

-Peter: If you saw me at my worst, you might not like me so much.

如果你见到我最糟糕的时候,就不那么喜欢我了。

-Bree: Peter, let me be your rock. Taking care of people is what I do best. Drink your milk.

Peter,让我支持你。照顾别人是我最拿手的。喝牛奶。

-Edie: Ah, ah, ah, mm, mm. I asked for extra spicy.

extra:额外的 spicy:辛辣的

我要的是重辣。

-Waitress: I’m pretty sure you said medium.

pretty:相当的 medium:中级的

我很肯定你刚才说的是中辣。

-Edie: Are you? Well, maybe if you'd written it down, you could have spared yourself the walk of shame

back to the kitchen.

spare:赦免

你肯定?要是你刚才记下来的话,现在就不用,丢脸地拿着东西走回厨房了。

-Susan: Edie, why are you torturing that girl?

torture:折磨

Edie,你干嘛折腾那女孩?

-Edie: That is her. That is the one that Karl is in love with.

in love with:爱上

就是她,Karl就是爱上她了。

We have been here a million times and you should see the way that she flirts with him.

flirt:调情

我们以前来过无数次了,你真该看看她是怎么和他卖弄风骚的。

When she comes back here, I’m gonna shove this pitcher in her perky little mug and when she’s...

gonna=going to:将要 pitcher:水罐 perky:大胆的 mug:脸

等她回来我要教训她,拿酒泼她,然后等她...

-Susan: Let’s not make a scene. It’s not worth it.

好了,不要找麻烦,不值得。

For the sake of argument, let's, let's, let's say that it’s someone else.

argument:争吵

为了别吵起来,我们,我们就当是别人吧。

You know, probably it would be a vulnerable lonely woman who Karl just took advantage of.

vulnerable:自愿的 take advantage of:利用

可能,可能是个孤独无助的女人,恰好被Karl占了便宜。

And what if this poor confused soul begged your forgiveness? What would you say?

confused:困惑的,迷茫的 beg:祈求 forgiveness:原谅

而且要是...要是这个可怜,不知所措的女人,求你原谅呢?你会怎样?

-Edie: I’d say too little, too late, bitch, and then I’d kick her!

bitch:婊子,泼妇

我会说...“太假了,太迟了,贱人”然后,我就给她点颜色看看。

-Susan: Oh.

奥。

-Edie: Yeah, but you don’t have to worry about that cause I’m positive it’s her.I mean, who else could

it

be?

positive:积极的

但是你不用担心,因为我肯定就是她。还能有谁?

Karl’s office is all guys and the only women he sees are me, Julie, that, that lesbian who does his taxes

and you.

guy:家伙,男人 lesbian:女同性恋

Karl办公的地方都是男人他能接触的女人,只有,我,Julie,那个收他税的女同志,还有你。

-Susan: You know what? It is her.

你知道我怎么想?就是她。

-Edie: Really? Why?

真的?为什么?

-Susan: She just spit in your wings.

spit:吐唾液于… wing: 翼

她...她刚刚朝你身边吐口水。

-Edie: You got my back?

你看得见我后面吗?

-Susan: Uh, sure.

嗯...是的。

-Waitress: Here you go, extra spicy. You did that on purpose. You are going to pay! Fight! Fight!

purpose:目的

来了,重辣来了。你故意的。你要付出代价的打,打。

-Edie: You! Hey, get off. Get off me you brats. Mayer! For on one. Oh, a little help!

brat:乳臭未干的小孩

你!你放开我。放开我。Mayer,她们四个打我一个。来帮我一下。

-Matthew: So, uh, when we leave who are you gonna miss the most?

gonna=going to:将要

我们要走的时候… 你会最想谁?.

-Caleb: I don’t know.

我不知道。

-Matthew: Yeah, you do. You say goodbye to her yet?

你当然知道。你和她告别过了吗?

-Caleb: No.

没有。

-Matthew: Look man, it’s, it's okay if you like her. You know, I think Danielle really likes you too.

听着,你可以喜欢她。我觉得丹尼埃尔也喜欢你。

-Caleb: Really?

真的?

-Matthew: Yeah. She told me she’d be really sad if you left and didn’t say goodbye.

嗯,她告诉我,如果你不辞而别的话,她会很难过的。

You know, I think that she might even want you to give her a little kiss.

我觉得,她可能还想让你轻吻她一下。

-Caleb: But, Danielle doesn’t even like me in her room. She gets mad.

mad:生气的

但是我在她房间里的时候,她都不喜欢我。她特别生气。

-Matthew: Yeah. I talked to her about that. She feels really bad. But you know what?

嗯。我和她聊过了。她感觉很抱歉。

She told me if you come in her room again, she won’t get mad.

如果你再去,她不会生气了。

And Caleb, she’s gonna act like she doesn’t want you to kiss her, but she does.

Caleb她可能会让你觉得,她不想让你吻她,其实她想。

-Mary Alice Voiceover: Dale Helm, like all the students at Parson’s Christian Academy, was taught

that his future was safely in God’s hands.

Dale Helm和所有在帕尔森教会学校的学生一样,都被灌输这样的思想,你的未来尽由上帝掌握。

What he didn’t know was that Gabrielle Solis was about to force a fumble.

force:强迫 fumble:摸索

但他不知道的是,Gabrielle Solis就快要,逼着他自己摸索未来了。

-Coach: All right guys. We all know next week we’re playing the Falcons.

大家注意了,你们都知道下个星期,我们就要和猎鹰队比赛了。

We’re gonna fry up those guys for dinner!

我们要把那些小鹰们炸了当晚饭。

Cause we’re the Huskies! Are you all the Huskies?

因为我们是爱斯基摩队!爱斯基摩队怎么样?

-Crowd: Huskies! Huskies! Huskies! Huskies! Huskies! Huskies!

上帝的球队!上帝的球队!上帝的球队!上帝的球队!上帝的球队!上帝的球队!上帝的球队!上帝的球

队!

-Dale: What are you doing? You can’t be here.

你在这里干嘛?你怎么能在这里?

-Gabrielle: Let’s talk turkey. What is it gonna take for you to give up the baby?

talk turkey:直率的说 turkey:火鸡

废话少说。要怎么样你才放弃抚养权?

-Dale: It’s not gonna happen okay? I gotta get back. I’m the quarterback. It doesn’t look right.

quarterback:四分卫

那是不可能的?我要回去了,我是四分位。这样不对。

-Gabrielle: Okay, no, no. Wait! What about a car or college? Tuition’s a killer these days.

college:大学

等等,一辆车怎么样?或者大学?现在的学费贵得要死。

I could help you out.

我可以帮你付。

-Dale: I don’t need help. You hear those cheers? Those are for me.

我不需要你帮。听到那些欢呼了?那都是给我的。

Last game, I threw two hundred forty-six yards. With stats like that, I could get into the college of my

choice.

上次比赛我扔出246码远,有这样的成绩,进哪所大学随便我挑。

-Gabrielle: So why do you wanna be a dad? These are your glory days. A baby would ruin your life.

glory:光辉的 ruin:毁坏

那你为什么还想当爸爸?你正当年呢。要个孩子会毁了你生活。

-Dale: Oh, I know. But Frank said once I get the baby, he’s gonna take it off my hands.

我知道,但是Frank说,只要我一拿回抚养权,他就会接手。

-Gabrielle: But it’s not even his!

这又不是他的孩子。

-Dale: Libby dumped him and he thinks that if he has the baby and she sees him acting all mature, she’ll

take him back.

dump:倾倒 【甩掉】 mature:成熟的

Libby早把他甩了,他觉得,如果他得到孩子,她会觉得他成熟起来了,然后会回到他身边的。

-Gabrielle: No, no, no. I am not letting that idiot use my baby as a bargaining chip!

idiot:白痴 bargain:讨价还价

不,不,不。我绝对不会让他个白痴,把我的孩子当砝码的。

-Dale: Hey, it’s outta my hands.

outta=out of:超出

喂,我又管不了这么多。

-Gabrielle: No, it doesn’t have to be. Okay, just do the right thing and sign the release form.

release:释放

不是这样的。你要做该做的事,签了这张放弃抚养权的表吧。

-Dale: Look, I’m really sorry.

听着,我真得很抱歉。

-Coach: Before we adjourn today, let’s take a moment to bow our heads.

adjourn:延期,休会 【这里指赛前休息】 bow:弯

在启程前,我们还是做一下祷告吧!

-Gabrielle: Hello everyone! I’m Gaby Solis, class of ninety-four. Woo-hoo!

大家好!我是Gabi Solis,94届学生。

I just wanted to give God a big shout out to this amazing season.

amazing:惊人的

我想大声歌颂上帝,给我们如此精彩的一季比赛.

The man upstairs has definitely been on your side. You wanna know why?

definitely:一定地

上帝一定同你们站在一起。知道为什么吗?

Because you boys live clean. You keep your noses up. You stay out of trouble.

因为你们的生活很纯洁。你们小心谨慎,你们远离麻烦。

And you don’t go around getting strippers pregnant.

stripper:脱衣女郎 pregnant:怀孕

不会和脱衣舞娘胡闹,让她们怀孕。

And that’s a good thing, 'cause if one of you caused a scandal like that, ha,

‘cause=because:因为 scandal:丑闻

这很好,因为如果你们中间的一个出了这样的丑事,

not only would that guy get kicked off the team and lose all of his scholarships,

scholarship:奖学金

不但会被踢出球队,丢了所有奖学金,

but God would drop your school colors so fast it'd make your head spin!

spin:旋转

而且上帝也会很快遗弃你,会让你极为头疼。

And then the football season would go to hell! No pun intended.

hell:地狱 pun:双关的 intended:有意的

那样的话,足球赛就见鬼去吧!就事论事,没有指桑骂槐。

So my point is, do the right thing and no one gets hurt.

我想说的是,把事情做对了,没人会受伤害。

-Gabrielle: Signed, sealed, delivered. Lily’s ours.

seal:盖章 deliver:已交付的【所有权转移的】

签了名,盖了章,都通过了。Lily是我们的了。

-Tom: So what do you think, are you staying late again or can I finally have dinner at home with my wife?

怎么样?你还要加班,还是我终于可以和老婆一起在家晚餐了?

-Lynette: Oh, I don’t know. I’m gonna go check with Ed.

gonna=going to:将要

天哪,我也不知道。我去问问Ed。

-Tom: Okay.

好。

-Lynette: Hey. Any luck with that IMing thing?

嘿,短信有效果吗?

-Ed: No, not really. I was online chatting with Fran a while ago and I asked her what she was wearing and

she said a yellow blouse.

chat:聊天 blouse:女衬衫

没有。我刚才和Fran网上聊了一会儿,我问她穿了什么,她说:“黄色的裙子”。

-Lynette: Okay, that’s good. Then what?

挺好的阿,然后呢?

-Ed: Then, man that’s it. I just kinda blocked.

kinda=kind of:有一点 blocked:堵住了,卡壳的

然后...就这些。我就卡住了,不知道说什么。

-Lynette: You blocked?

你卡住了?

-Ed: Yeah, I didn’t know what else to say.

恩,我不知道还能说些什么?

-Lynette: You’re an award winning copywriter. You get paid to write!

award:授予

Ed,你可是个得过奖的广告文案呀!别人付钱买你的文章。

-Ed: Yeah, jingles for oatmeal, not soft core porn.

jingles:广告大王 oatmeal:燕麦片 soft core: 软调色情 porn:色情文学

那是麦片公司付的钱,又不是色情杂志。

-Lynette: For God’s sakes, it’s not brain surgery. Is she still online?

surgery:手术

我的天。又不是让你做大脑手术。- 她还在线吗?

-Ed: Yeah, I think so.

应该在的。

-Lynette: Ah. 'I love the way that blouse clings to your body.'

cling:沾紧

“我喜欢那裙子紧紧裹着你身体的样子”

-FUNNYFRAN: ARE YOU JOKING?

“你开玩笑吗?”

-Ed: Okay.

好的。

-Lynette: Mmm, mmm, mmm. 'Nothing funny about those beautiful breasts.' Yeah? What did you want to

do to me?

breast:胸部

“谁会拿你迷人的胸部开玩笑”“真的?那你想做什么?”

-Ed: Uh...

恩。

-Jerry: Ed, your conference call is ready.

conference:会议

Ed,可以开会了。

-Ed: Oh god. I almost forgot about that. Okay, I gotta go take this.

天哪,我差点把这事忘了。我要去开会了。

You keep going 'cause you’re doing great!

‘cause=because:因为

你继续,干得很好。

-Lynette: No, Ed, I’m not doing this for you.

不行Ed,我不能帮你干这种事。

-Ed:

你就...

-Lynette: What! Touch every inch of your body until you are trembling.

trembling:发抖的,哆嗦的

干什么?“抚摸你每一寸肌肤直到你发颤”

-FUNNYFRAN: WILL U DO THAT THING WITH UR TEETH?

“用你的牙齿?”

-Lynette: Oh yeah, I’ll bite you good.

bite:咬

“嗯,我会咬得你很舒服的”

-FUNNYFRAN: CAN I DO THAT THING I DID ON THE HONEYMOON?

honeymoon:蜜月

我能干蜜月的时候做过的那件事吗?

-Lynette: Hell, yeah. First I want you to touch yourself.

“当然”开始,我想你自己抚摸自己。

-FUNNYFRAN: R U?

你这样想?

-Lynette : Oh yeah!

“当然”

-FUNNYFRAN: GET HOME NOW!!!

现在就回来!

-Lynette: I’m on my way.

我已经在路上了。

-Bree: Hello.

喂?

-Peter: Bree, it’s Peter and I’m in trouble.

Bree,我是Peter,我有麻烦了。

-Bree: Hi. I’m looking for, um, Peter McMillan.

你好,我是来,是来...找Peter McMillan的

-Man: Not sure I know him. Should ask my wife. She organized the party.

organize:组织

我不知道认不认识他。你问问我老婆吧。是她办的聚会。

Hey, Judy, get over here and act like a hostess. Come on in, come on, come on.

hostess:女主人

喂,Judie,过来,有点女主人的样子。进来吧!进来呀,快进来,进来。

-Judy: Hey, there. Things are just getting started.

你好。派对刚刚开始。

After you take off your clothes, feel free to jump right in.

脱了衣服后,尽情娱乐。

-Bree: No, no, I’m good. I’m just here to pick up my friend Peter.

不用了,我很好。我来接peter的。

He’s locked himself in your bathroom and I’m here to take him home.

bathroom:浴池

他把自己锁在洗手间了,我是来带他回家的。

-Man: Oh, yeah, that guy. We wondered about him. The bathroom's over there.

wonder:猜想

是那个人啊。我们还在好奇呢。洗手间在那里。

-Judy: Hey, is that your natural color?

嘿,你没染发吧!

-Bree: Yes, it is.

是啊。

-Judy: Beautiful. I wish mine would do that. This is out of a bottle.

真美。我也想和你的一样。糟糕的头发。

-Bree: Yes, I’m aware of that. Peter? Peter, it’s Bree. Are you in there? What are you doing here?

aware:意识到

是的,我看出来了。PETER?PETER,是BREE。你在吗? 你干什么呢?

-Peter: I'm a sex addict, what do you thing?

sex:性 addict:耽溺

我是性瘾者,你说呢?

-Bree: You can’t possibly be turned on by what’s going on out there.

你不会因为外面的派对而性奋吧。

-Peter: Disgusting, isn’t it?

disgusting:恶心的

很恶心,是吧?

-Bree: Yes! Why would you want to come to a place like this?

你为什么要来?

-Peter: I didn’t! I wanted you to come.

不是的,我想让你来。

I can’t make you not have feelings for me but I can show you who I was, what my life was like.

我不能阻止你喜欢我,但我可以让你看到真正的我。

-Bree: Well, that’s not your life anymore.

anymore:再

这不是你的生活。

-Peter: But it could be. If I slip again this exactly where you could find me. Or some place worse!

slip:滑 exactly:确切地

但可能是。如果我失守,这里就是我来的地方,或更糟的地方。

Then what would you think of me?

到时你会怎么看我?

-Bree: Peter.

PETER-

-Peter: Bree. It’s dangerous to care about me.

关心我是危险的。

A lot of people have over the years and they all end up getting hurt.

这些年不少人帮我,但都以失败告终。

-Bree: Rex said he’d always be faithful.

faithful:忠诚的

REX说他忠心不二。

George said he’s never hurt me and as it turned out they were both liars.

GEORGE他永远不会伤害我,最后发现,他们都在说谎。

So as long as you’re honest with me, you’d be amazed at what I can put up with. Now let’s go home.

honest:诚实的 amaze:使吃惊

只要你对我诚实,我就能忍受一切。回家吧。

-Lynette: Hey, there. Did you have a late night? I hope.

嘿,你熬夜了?我希望是。

-Ed: It was horrible. The whole thing blew up in my face.

horrible:恐怖的 blow up:搞砸

太恐怖了。事情搞砸了。

Why would you tell my wife to bite my nipple off?

bite:咬 nipple:乳头

你为什么对我老婆说要咬我的乳头?

-Lynette: I didn’t! I didn’t. Why would she, ohhhh. The honeymoon thing.

honeymoon:蜜月

我没说!我没说!为什么她要哦!蜜月。

-Ed: Yeah! And it hurt like hell then, too.

hell:地狱

真是痛不欲生。

It didn’t take her long to figure out that I let a stranger seduce her online.

seduce:引诱

她立即就发现,我让陌生人去勾引她。

-Lynette: Oh. God!

天哪!

-Ed: She was so mad she locked herself in the bathroom and called a divorce lawyer.

mad: 生气的 divorce:离婚

她气极了,把自己锁在了洗手间,打电话给律师,要求离婚。

-Lynette: You’re getting divorced?

你们要离婚?

-Ed: I spent two hours pleading with her through the bathroom door, begging her not to leave me.

我花了2个小时在门前哀求,求她不要离开我。

We finally managed to come to terms.

come to terms:达成协议

最后我们达成了协议。

-Lynette: What kind of terms?

什么样的协议?

-Ed: I promised her I would fire the person who did it.

promise:承诺

我对她保证,我解雇和她聊天的人。

-Lynette: You’re gonna fire me?

gonna=going to:将要

你要解雇我?

-Ed: No, of course not. You’re too important here. I’m gonna fire Tom.

当然不了。你是重要人物。我要解雇TOM。

I told her it was him that send the IMs.

我告诉她是Tom干的。

-Lynette: What?

什么。

-Ed: I told her that he had a problem with boundaries.

boundary:边界

我告诉她Tom不知好歹。

I’m sorry, I didn’t want to do this, but my marriage was on the line.

marriage:婚姻

我抱歉,我也不想,但我的婚姻岌岌可危。

-Lynette: You can’t make my husband your scapegoat! I won’t let you!

scapegoat:替罪羊

你不能拿我丈夫当替罪羊。我不会同意的。

-Ed: I don’t have a damn choice. I can’t be divorced, Lynette. I can’t.

damn:该死的

我没的选择。我不能离婚。LYNETTE.不能。

-Lynette: He’s under contract. If you just fire him, he’ll sue you and I’ll back him up! You need cause.

contract:合约

他还有合约,如果你解雇他,我会支持他告你,你要找理由。

-Ed: Well, I guess I’ll have to find cause. Shouldn’t be too difficult if I look hard enough.

那么,我想需要理由,仔细找能发现。

-Edie: Hey, how’s the eye?

嘿,眼睛好点了吗?

-Susan: Oh, it’s still a little red but I think I got all the hot sauce out.

hot sauce: 辣酱

有点红,但我把所有辣酱都弄出来了。

-Edie: That’s good. So, um, you know the other day when I said that thing about us being sisters?

那就好。那天我说我们要做好姐妹?

Well when I said it, I really didn’t mean it.

我不是故意的。

-Susan: Yeah, I kinda figured that.

kinda=kind of:有点儿

我了解。

-Edie: No, I mean I really didn’t mean it. But, um, now I do. Thank you.

我是说我真的不是故意的。现在我是真心的了。

Thank you for having my back.

谢谢你支持我。

-Susan: So, do I have to worry about you attacking any more waitresses?

attack:攻击 waitress:女侍者

你还会去攻击女招待吗?

-Edie: Nah. My bar brawling days are over. Oh, you know, I’d better go, I have a meeting.

brawling:争吵

我洗手不干了。我要走了,我要开会?

I’ll talk to you later. Are you Oliver?

再谈。你是OLIVER?

-Oliver: You must be Edie. Pleasure to meet you

你一定是EDIE。很高兴见到你。

-Edie: Oh, likewise. I hear you’re one of the best private detectives in town.

private:私人的 detective:侦探

一样一样。我听说你是这里最好的私家侦探。

-Oliver: I do what I can.

夸奖。

-Edie: Well, come on in. Let’s talk. Um, basically, I just want you to trail my ex.

basically:本来的 trail:跟踪 ex:前男友

进去说。我要追踪前男朋友。

He left me for another woman and I want to nail that ho to the wall.

nail:钉

他为别的女人甩了我,我要查出是哪个贱人。

-Matthew: Caleb, hey, come on buddy, wake up. Caleb. It’s time.

buddy:伙伴

CALEB?快,起来了。CALEB?是时候了。

-Danielle: Ahhh! Get away from me!

get away:离开

离我远点!

-Bree: Get away from her! Danielle, I want you to pick up the phone and call the police.

离她远点!DANIELLE,你去报警。

-Danielle: No!

不!

-Bree: What?

为什么?

-Danielle: Matthew and his mother have been protecting Caleb. They’re in as much trouble as he is.

protect:保护

MATTHEW和他妈妈一直在保护CALEB。他们一家麻烦已经够多。

-Bree: I don’t care!

我不管。

-Danielle: Mom, please, I love him! Please!

妈妈,求你了,我爱他。求你了。

-Bree: If I hadn’t been in the house, he could have raped her or worse!

rape:强奸

如果我不在房间里,他会强奸了她,或更糟。

-Matthew: He’s locked in his room "

他被锁去房间了。

-Bree: Needless to say the agreement between us is off! Caleb is dangerous and I want him put away!

arrangement:安排

我们的约定已经无效。CALEB是危险人物。我要他进精神病院。

If he is not gone by Tomorrow, I am calling the police!

如果他明天不走,我就报警。

-Matthew: He will be, I promise you. Can I go check on Danielle?

check on:检查,看

他会走的,我保证。我能去看看DANIELLE吗?

-Bree: Yes. Betty, I am serious. Either you do something or I will!

serious:认真的

可以。BETTY,我很认真。我们间总要有人行动。

-Betty: Bree, stop worrying. I understand what needs to happen now.

Bree,不用担心。我知道现在要做什么。

-Matthew: Danielle?

Danielle?

-Danielle: Did it work?

奏效了?

-Matthew: Perfectly! You did great.

perfectly:完全地

当然。你做的好。

So I got some rates on some mental hospitals around here and, um, there’s one called Silvercrest,

which actually seems okay.

actually:事实上

我有精神康复院的排名,有一家叫SILVERCREST,看来不错。

-Betty: Put this ham in the refrigerator, will you? I think I’ll make it for dinner.

refrigerator:冰箱

把火腿把进冰箱,我要用来做晚餐。

-Matthew: Uh, mom, I know you don’t want to talk about his, but we have to.

妈,我知道你不想谈,但我们不得不说。

I mean Mrs. Van de Kamp is gonna call the police.

VAN DE KAMP太太会报警的。

-Betty: I promised myself I would never institutionalize your brother.

institutionalize:使…制度化 【指受束缚这里特指送到精神病院过制度化的生活】

我发过誓,绝对不会把你哥哥送进精神康复院的。

-Matthew: Mom!

妈...

-Betty: How long do you think it will be before he’d act out? Maybe even hurt somebody.

你觉得离他下次发作前还有多久?他也许还会伤人。

A couple days? A week?

几天?一个星期?

Then they'd throw him in a straight jacket and drug away what’s left of his mind.

然后他们就给他套上病服,夺走他仅有的一点理智。

Spend the rest of his life at the mercy of strangers.

他的下半生就要听凭别人摆布。

-Matthew: But if we don’t send him to a hospital, he’s gonna end up in prison and don’t you think that’s

worse?

gonna=going to:将要

但是如果我们不送他去医院,他就要进监狱了,你觉得那样会更遭吗?

-Betty: Yes, of course I do.

当然。

-Matthew: So, what the hell are we gonna do? Phenobarbital?

Phenobarbital:镇静安眠剂

那么我们该怎么办?安眠药?

-Betty: It’s easy. It’s painless. Just a few extra drops. He simply falls asleep.

painless:无痛的

很简单。没有痛苦。多滴几滴,他就会睡过去的。

Caleb was meant for a better world than this, Matthew.

MATTHEW,CALBE应该去一个更好的世界。

It’s time to give your brother the peace he deserves.

deserve:应该的

是时候给你哥哥他应得的安宁了。

-Gabrielle: Who’s the pretty girl? Oh, looks like it’s Daddy's turn. Yes.

pretty:漂亮的

哪个小姑娘这么漂亮啊?呵呵,看来该让爸爸抱了。好。好了。

-Court Officer: Mrs. Solis?

SOLIS夫人?

-Gabrielle: Yes?

什么事?

-Court Officer: We have a court order to take the Collins? baby into custody.

court:法院 custody:监护

根据法院裁决,我们要看护Collins夫妇的孩子。

-Carlos: No, no, no, that’s a mistake. No we. we have the paperwork.

paperwork:文书工作,文件

不可能,肯定弄错了。不对,我们有文件。

The birth father signed away his rights.

sign:签署

孩子的生父放弃了抚养权。

-Court Officer: It’s the birth mother who’s protesting.

protest:抗议 【上诉】

是她的生母提出的上诉。

-Gabrielle: What?

什么?

-Court Officer: Until the adoption is legally finalized, the birth mother can still change her mind and she

has.

adoption:收养 legally: 合法地

直到收养的法律手续正是办完以前,生母都可以改变主意。她...她变卦了。

-Gabrielle: No, no, no, no, no, no!

不,不,不!

-Carlos: Gaby, wait!

GABY,等等。

-Gabrielle: You? You don’t even want to be a mother.

你?你都不想做妈妈。

-Libby: Well, look, Frank quit using and, uh, he got a good job down at the plant.

plant:工厂

FRANK戒掉了,而且...他在工厂找了份好工作。

He’s really stepped up.

他改了很多。

-Gabrielle: So?

所以,你们?!

-Libby: Well, so we’re gonna the whole family thing a shot.

gonna=going to:将要

所以,我们想试试组成个家。

Well, I’ll totally give you all your money back.

我会把所有的钱都还给你的。

-Gabrielle: I don’t want my money back! I want my baby!

我不要钱,我要我的宝宝。

-Libby: C'mon, let’s go.

c’mon=come on:快点,赶快,来吧

来吧,我们走。

-Gabrielle: Carlos! No! Carlos, what’s happening?

Carlos!不,Carlos,发生什么事?

No no, no, no, Ma’am, you don’t understand, you don't understand! This is our baby!

understand:理解,明白

不不不,警官,你不明白,你不明白,这是我们的小孩!

No! We’ve been, we've been feeding her and we’ve been bathing her.

不,我们一直在喂她奶,还有-我们给她洗澡。

And we wake up in the middle of the night and we rock her!

我们还半夜起床摇哄她。

Which is crazy, cause if you knew me I don’t do that! I don’t do that.

crazy:疯狂的

这样做很疯狂,如果你了解我们的话,就知道那不是我们的风格,我一向不那样的。

And my husband, my husband, he sings to her. He sings! So, you can’t take her away!

还有还有我丈夫,他还给她唱歌,他唱歌,所以你不能把她带走!

It’s too late, we’ve already fallen in love with her!

fall in love with:爱上

太迟了,我们已经爱上她了。

Carlos, do something!

Carlos,做点什么!

No! You can’t go! You can’t, you can’t take her! You can’t take her! No! She’s our baby! She's ours!

不,你不能走,你不能把她带走!你不能把她带走!不!她是我们的宝宝!她是我们的...

No! Please! Please!

不!求你了!

-Mary Alice Voiceover: There is a prayer intended to give strength to people faced with

circumstances they don’t want to accept.

prayer:祷文,祷告 circumstance:情况

祷文意图要赐给人们力量,当面对他们不想接受的情况的时候。

The power of the prayer comes from it's insight into human nature.

insight:观点 human nature:人性 human:人

祷文的力量,来自它对人类本性的深刻洞察力。

-Bree: We ask God to grant us the serenity to accept the things we cannot change.

serenity:宁静,沉着

我们企求上帝给我们安详的勇气,去接受我们不能改变的东西。

Because so many of us rage against the hand that life has dealt us.

rage:盛怒

因为我们中很多人,对与我们做对的命运之手惟有愤怒。

The courage to change the things we can.

courage:勇气

还有改变我们能改变的东西的勇气。

-Mary Alice Voiceover: Because so many of us are cowardly. And afraid to stand up for what is

right.

cowardly:懦弱的

因为我们很多人懦夫一般的,没有勇气为正义拍案而起。

-Bree: And the wisdom to know the difference.

wisdom:智慧

还有辨别事实的睿智。

-Mary Alice Voiceover: Because so many of us give

despair:绝望

因为我们中很多人对绝望妥协。

...when faced with an impossible choice.

impossible:不可能的

当面对一个不可能的选择的时候。

The good news for those who utter these words is that God will hear you and answer your prayer.

utter:作声,发出

好消息是,对那些把那些话说出口的人,那就是上帝会听到你的祈祷并给你答复。

The bad news is he answer is no.

但坏消息是,有的时候答案可能是否定的。


本文标签: 知道 上帝 改变 不能 东西