admin 管理员组文章数量: 1086019
2024年4月16日发(作者:farcical)
与身体各部位有关的美语俚语
从头到脚:与身体各部位有关的美语俚语1
ARM 臂
The car cost him an arm and a leg. 买这辆车他可花了血本。
She’s my right arm. 她是我的得力助手。
He was strong-armed into doing it. 他被迫这么做的。
No one’s twisting your arm to do it! 没人强迫你这么做!
They always walk arm in arm down the street. 他们常常手挽手地沿街
走
BACK 背
Get off my back! 别再来烦我了!
I don’t like her. She always gets my back up. 我不喜欢她。她总是惹我
生气。(此用语原指动物,常用于描述猫发怒。)
She’ll give the shirt of her back for her friends. 她帮助朋友不遗余力。
She turned her back on me when I needed her. 我需要她帮助时,她拒
绝了我。
This time, I’ll give you the work for free. You scratch my back, I’ll scratch
yours. 这一次我把这个作品赠送给你,你帮助我,我也帮助你。
BONE 骨
We’d better go to the market because we’re down to the bare bone
essentials. 我们只剩下一些生活必需品了,最好去市场上买点东西。
Let’s get down to the bare bone essentials. 我们来讨论一下正经事吧。
I have a bone to pick with you. 我对你有点意见。
I need to bone up on my English. 我得好好学英语。
This work is bone-breaking! 这项工作很辛苦!
She’s a real bonehead. 她真是个大傻瓜。
Wake up, lazy bones! 醒醒吧,懒骨头!
She made no bones about telling him to leave. 她直截了当地让他走了。
He’s nothing but skin and bones. 他骨瘦如柴。
BRAIN 脑
She’s a real bean brain. 她真是个大笨蛋。
She’s such a birdbrain! 她是个大傻瓜!
She’s very brainy. 她很聪明。
Since you’re an expert, would you mind if I pick your brain for half an
hour? 你是专家,那你是否介意给我半个小时,让我向你讨教一些问题?
I racked my brain(s) for an hour but couldn’t remember her name! 我绞
尽脑汁想了一个小时也没能想起她的名字!/ I racked my brain(s) trying to
find a solution. 我苦思冥想,力求找到解决问题的办法。
He’s such a scatterbrain. 他这人真没头脑。/ She’s so scatterbrained!
她太浮躁了!
CHEEK 面颊
版权声明:本文标题:与身体各部位有关的美语俚语 内容由网友自发贡献,该文观点仅代表作者本人, 转载请联系作者并注明出处:http://roclinux.cn/p/1713228270a624919.html, 本站仅提供信息存储空间服务,不拥有所有权,不承担相关法律责任。如发现本站有涉嫌抄袭侵权/违法违规的内容,一经查实,本站将立刻删除。
发表评论